Wednesday 15 August 2007

This time next week...

It's one of the strangest feelings in the world. Sure, most of you have probably already had this feeling sometime in your life - one week away from your first overseas trip. One week away from seeing the love of your life again. One week away from meeting the in-laws. One week away from everything I do in my daily life being totally different... if only for a couple of weeks!

So, we've reached this far. It really didn't seem like that long ago in many respects that I kissed Satomi good-bye at the international airport. 7 months ago, Satomi and I were contemplating life apart. What would it be like? How would we cope? Could we cope? Satomi had been in a long-distance relationship before, so knew the dramas and pitfalls. I'd never experienced more than 2 weeks away from a lover before, so it was all new and worrying for me.

But we've coped, I think. Well, the fact that we're still together and still very much in love means that we must have coped well. It's been tough... some things we've had to face apart have been been heart-wrenching. But we've also had some truly special and beautiful moments, as well. Like our "dates" online... where we'd both watch the same movie on our computers, while being connected via MSN. Or just the simple pleasures of making each other laugh by being silly... These moments will be missed, I'm sure. But, when you've got the real thing... it's soooo much better.

So that's where it's at. Keep tuned to this blog if you wanna keep updated on my travels (or check out my facebook page). I'm bubbling with excitement right now and can't shake the smile off my face...

No comments: