Thursday 23 August 2007

Kyoto - romantic heart of Nippon

Hello all,

And as I say good-bye to my first full day in Japan, I'll just allude with this: $3 beers and smokes from vending machines in the lobby of the hotel have been welcomed as my one true love. Satomi comes a close, but very definite, 3rd place!

The day has been amazing. Kyoto is one of the most fascinating cities Ive had the joy in visiting. Too much to go into right now (mainly because I cant remember place names... and Japanese keyboards are really starting to tick me off), but suffice to say its been the Day of Temples and Shrines, mixed in with the randomness and craziness that only Japan can throw up at you. The only respite has been my faithful love Satomi holding my hand though every nook and cranny.

Tomorrow is the day of reckoning, however - another day of Special Place Visiting, combined with a 3 hour commute and a final test of character: The Meeting of The In-Laws. My very very limited Japanese has been tested today, but I just can't shake the feeling that people are bowing my way out of pity or disgust when I utter those pitiful phrases... tomorrow shall tell.

Thanks for all your kind words. I should be able to get some cool pics up in the next couple of days.

Love yas,

Ben

No comments: